This list is based on a Courageous Parents Network parent blog post
- We see and feel the stress on you. We suspect that you also feel the fatigue that we do.
- We are desperate for information. We plan our day around hope that you will come by.
- We deeply respect your academic and clinical knowledge.
- We may or may not have the level of understanding of our child’s condition that you assume. Please help us feel comfortable asking our questions.
- We want you to respect our parenting knowledge; to listen and to trust our observations and feedback.
- We want you to be direct and honest, even (and especially) when you are unsure. Showing honesty and humility makes us respect and like you more.
- We have the deepest feeling that we can be in this together, if we try.