Courageous Parents Network is a destination created by families, for families, to support, guide and strengthen them as they care for very sick children. Here you will find wisdom from fellow parents and pediatric care providers to help you be the best parent you can be to your child and children—and get through each moment.
Connect to Family Stories
You worry about your family, your child’s future. You may even dare to worry about yourself. You’re not alone! Videos, podcasts and private discussion connect you to parents courageously sharing personal stories and experiences from their journey.
Focus on What You Need Now
What’s on your mind today? Use all that Courageous Parents has to offer, or concentrate on a particular interest.
- The Beginning
- Coping with the Diagnosis
- Experimental Therapies
- Genetic Counseling
- When it’s a Long, Indefinite Timeline
- What about the Marriage?
- Grandparents/Extended Family
- Caring for Other Children/Siblings
- Working with the Medical Team/ Goals of Care
- The Hospital
- Finding Support
- Why? Spirituality & Religion
- Issues of Control
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Medical Interventions: Tubes, Trach, Surgery etc
- Making Difficult Decisions: How Palliative Care helps
- Making Memories
- Questions about End-of Life: Making arrangements
- Talking to Your Child about Their Wishes
- Fear of Regrets
- Anticipating Being Bereaved
- Transitioning to End-of-Life: Home, Hospital, Hospice
- Looking at End-of-Life: When the Time Comes
- Imagining the Future
- Finding Your Child’s Legacy
- Finding Meaning and Transformation
- Your Identity as a Parent