Guided exploration may help you better understand a topic and how you want to address it in your own family’s life. Our Guided Pathways offer Courageous Parents Network content organized by theme, with support for personal reflection. This section will continue to grow based on your feedback.
You must be signed in as a member to access the pathways. If you have not yet registered as a member, it takes about 1 minute and is free. We promise not to send you lots of silly messages. We get it. Only the important stuff.
Guiding Siblings Through End of Life
This pathway will help you
- understand the sibling experience in the days and weeks before and after the death of their brother or sister;
- the common worries shared by parents as they care for the siblings
- the tools others have used to guide them as they help the siblings face those last days.
The intent of this guide for clinicians is to:
- Demonstrate ways to use CPN in your care of children with serious medical conditions
- Identify specific instances in which it is appropriate to refer to CPN
- Suggest ways in which to introduce families to CPN
- Support self-education, including understanding of the family experience when a child is facing a lifespan-limiting condition
The Sibling Experience
This pathway will help you:
- Understand the sibling experience
- Hear and See the common worries shared by other parents
- Learn about coping strategies and tools others have used to help their other children, the siblings, cope with having a brother or sister with a life-threatening illness