We would like to understand family experiences and the types of support families needed that helped them prepare for the death of their child, as well as cope with grief and loss during their bereavement during the social isolation of a pandemic.
By understanding families’ experiences, it will help us develop ways to help families to better cope with grief brought about by limited social interaction and opportunities for coping both now and in the future.
In order to participate, you must:
- Identify as a parent to a child aged birth to 19 years who died in any care setting (home, hospital, hospice care facility, long-term care) since March 15, 2020
- At least 30 days must have passed since your child died
- Have internet access with a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer
- Be able to speak, read, and write in English in order to complete questionnaires
- Be 18 years of age or older